Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday, Monday

I usually do Java's Monday blog hop.
She has taken a break.
Maybe someone else will take up the torch.
For now, I am going to ask 5 questions.
If you want to post your answers, come back
and leave a comment and I will
visit you.
I could do a Mr. Linky and a button if I knew how.

1. Did you marry your first love?
2. What was your favorite childhood game or activity?
3. Did you grow up in the city or country?
4. How many siblings do you have?
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

My answers:

1. No, Honey Bear wasn't my first love.



Vintage <em>Tin Toy Kitchen</em> Sink Circa 1940s Cream & Red
2. My favorite childhood activity was playing house...I didn't own one of these unless it was handed down from a more affluent cousin...my dishes were usually jar lids and other items from Mother's kitchen. My cabinet would have been a wooden plank stretched across two concrete blocks...I made lots of mud pies.

3. Although, I lived on the outskirts of a small city for part of my childhood, mostly I'm from the country.

4. I have 3 siblings....2 sisters and a brother....I am the middle sister....the one in blue in this picture.


5. I own around 26 pairs of shoes....most of mine are classics  that stand the test of time...no fads....when I find a pair I like that are comfortable, I usually buy them in more than one color. My dress shoes are Mary Jane's (red, brown and black), Hush Puppy Angel (red, Navy, Black, White, Winter White), Boots (brown, winter white, red), Sandals(light brown, dark brown, cream, brown, white)

Looking forward to your answers.
Mama Bear
:0)

9 comments:

  1. Mama Bear...I wish we had been neighbors growing up...I loved playing dolls and made tons of mud pies...we could have had lots of tea parties:).

    Loved reading about your retreat and seeing all the pictures. The Red Rooster was a wonderful spot...a perfect places to nourish your body, mind and spirit...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. No
    2. Reading
    3. Suburb of a city -- felt like a small town
    4. 4 sisters, 1 brother
    5. I'd have to get up and go count them....I have three that I wear regularly -- a couple more I wear in the spring/summer -- plus several others that I should probably get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hosting a Linky will cost $24 a year, I currently have this fascility so could host the Monday hop if sharing with a couple of others. But for now I will answer your lovely questions on my blog and adda link to this post. Thanks for stopping by
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mama Bear! I'd already written my post when I found this, but I just went back and added your questions to the bottom of it, along with a link to your place.
    I'm so glad you did this! I hope someone will pick it up and do it. I know how to do the Linky, but don't currently have a subscription since Brent began charging to use his McLinky. Rumtruffle is correct, it costs 24 dollars per year to suscribe now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through A Crafty Kind Of Truffle.
    I'm your newest follower.
    I also did Java's Meet Me On Monday......I will miss it.
    I love doing meme's! Some of the questions really makes you stop and think.
    You have some fun questions posted here! I'm going to join in the fun, so stop by my blog later and check out my answer.

    http://tamtamlee.blogspot.com/

    Off now to do my post!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thought I'd let you know Java is going to host Monday and Fridays blog hops again x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl..... Love this... I need to do this one.. I am enjoying the Day Journal...... Hope you had a good retreat and came home rested.. Our weather here has turned cold again but just for a while I am sure... I have peonies up already.. I had to put straw on them tonight...... too soon......

    I remember you and your family each night in prayer.......

    Love ya girl....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'll answer here!
    1. Hubby and I were high school sweethearts...he was my first love!
    2. I loved to read and organize my stuff.
    3. I grew up in a small town, not a city but not really the country.
    4. I have one sister (actually half-sister) that I grew up with. I have another half-sister that I didn't grow up with or meet until I was 18, and some step-brothers and step-sisters. It's complicated.
    5. I have no idea, but not many. Maybe ten counting my tennis shoes and sandals. Then I also have four pairs of boots since I live in Michigan. Two are snow boots and two are dressier boots a small heel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, sweet post you have for us. I enjoyed reading your answers to your own questions. Great idea. I'll answer them here, since I already posted for the day---


    1. Did you marry your first love? =No
    2. What was your favorite childhood game or activity? =biking and hiking
    3. Did you grow up in the city or country? =just outside of Denver in the foothills
    4. How many siblings do you have? =4
    5. How many pairs of shoes do you own? =dunno



    NESTING HERON at paradise ponds in today's post.

    Thanks for coming by to say howdy yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete