Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday HodgePodge

Houston we have a Wednesday Hodgepodge-Vol 34


1. What is the most useful book in your house? I tried to think just what is meant by this question...the book most often used? I think that would be the little book where I keep things I want to remember when I'm on the computer....then I have two Bibles that I keep near my favorite chair, one is literally falling apart but it is tabbed, bookmarked and written in so its my favorite and is a New Living Translation, the other is a combination of the King James Version and The New International version.....but the place I go most often for reference is Google Maps.....also there is a cookbook which contains all our favorite recipes handwritten which I use quite a bit, although some of those I know by heart so I don't have to look them up.
3. Share something that made you smile this past weekend. We always go in a side door at church which enters near the place  where we always sit on the second or third pew....Wonder Boy and the Princess were already there when we arrived, Daughter was on stage with the orchestra warming up...coming in this way, we always miss the person handing out programs....I said something about not having a program and Wonder Boy slides over and asks his sister to go get me one...this made me smile because he was being thoughtful but desires to be as inconspicuous  as possible so he passed off the deed.
4. How do you like your hamburgers? Or don't you?well, I don't eat plain hamburgers, I eat cheeseburgers so that would be the number one ingredient...then I like tomato, lettuce, mayo and mustard....sometimes onion, pickle too and if I'm buying it out, I usually have bacon on it.
5. What's your summer beach read? If its not summer in your part of the world then tell us what book you're reading while curled up in front of the fire sipping hot cocoa.Well, I don't save books for the beach or for summer so it would be whatever I am currently reading which in this case in 29.
6. How was your birthday celebrated when you were a kid?We didn't always get a present and if we did it was usually something we needed like clothes or shoes....but Mother always baked us a cake....I can remember three or four Birthday parties which were celebrated together with my older sister whose Birthday is a month after mine. The first one was when I was 4, I remember Mother invited the neighbor kids who were all older by 5+ years or more..She must have invited some closer to my age but I only remember the older ones.....the next party was when I was 11..I even remember the new dress she made for me--it was royal blue....then when I was 15, we had a wiener roast for our Birthdays, together we must have invited 30 people, and we played spin the bottle....then when I was 17, I invited a few of my friends and their sweethearts over for cake.
7. What is something that is totally uncool that you love anyway? I can't think of anything, although I am sure my children would have a few to add.
8. Insert your own random thought here.at is something that is totally uncool that you love anyway?
I am not a big fan of summer..I like the beach in the Fall and Spring before they get too crowded...I remember the last vacation I had with my family before I married...I've even got a photo of myself with my younger brother and sister...they must have been 8 and 10, I was 16...in one of those things you look through to see the picture.....the first evening we were there it was cloudy and I got on a float and just floated around for a while in the shallows since I can't swim.....well I literally cooked myself and the rest of the vacation, I stayed covered with a sheet under an umbrella.

Be sure and visit Joyce and all the others taking part in this blog hop. Just click on the picture at the top.

3 comments:

  1. The most useful book at our place are the Bible like yurs falling to pieces so I use the internet to do my studies and the second that is equally falling to pieces is the dictionary, as Keithums does everysort of word puzzle in the papers and the distionary is over 50 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never quite understood having books that are "beach reads" -- like you, I would take along just whatever I am in at the time. But it would probably have to be a novel. I don't know if I could get into non-fiction there -- it requires a lot more concentration.

    Sounds like you had some fun birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally getting around to some of this weeks posts...I'm glad you played along this week...I've never heard of 29.

    ReplyDelete