#55 brought to you by Joyce at
From this side of the Pond1. Do you send Christmas cards? If so about how many will you send this year? How do you display the cards you receive? Or don't you? (gasp!) Yes, not as many as I used to though and mostly to those friends and relatives whom I will not see during the Christmas season....I have a card holder and sometimes I tape them to the mantle or door facings.
2. When do kids become adults? When they no longer depend on their parents for their livelihood.....although, it is hard to think of them as adults even then...
3. Does your 'beauty regimen' change with the seasons? not really...
4. What's something you like to eat that might cause another person to turn up their nose? Chicken Liver....Sardines....Boiled Okra
5. Gloves or mittens? Gloves
6. What's the longest queue you've ever been in? Was it worth it? Queue=line but doesn't queue sound nicer? That would be the queue at Disney World rides, I suppose but since that was so many years ago, I'll say the queue at the Honey Baked Store....several years ago, we got a gift card for a ham from Honey Bear's employer and I ordered it here in Huntsville. Although I went to pick it up several days before Christmas, the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. They had set up plastic to protect the customers from the worst of the weather but it didn't help much. It was raining and the temperature was in the 30s that day.....No, it wasn't worth it. If I'd known ahead of time, I would have bought something else for my dinner and saved the card for a less busy time.
7. Besides Christmas, what is one thing you are looking forward to in the month of December? Our club Christmas party is always lots of fun but that might not be what you wanted....if its unrelated to Christmas, I have nothing.
8. Insert your own random thought here. It is still cloudy this morning but no rain...we're expecting a high in the upper 40s and the sun is supposed to shine.....we'll be back in the 60s by weeks end.....the Princess and I enjoyed our shopping yesterday....we went to Kohl's to buy a gift for her Mother (Daughter) which she paid for herself. Then we went to Publix for the food that was on sale. She is so much help....I cooked a dinner of peas, cornbread, spinach, mac & cheese, and salmon patties.