Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday


#55 brought to you by Joyce at 
From this side of the Pond
1. Do you send Christmas cards? If so about how many will you send this year? How do you display the cards you receive? Or don't you? (gasp!) Yes, not as many as I used to though and mostly to those friends and relatives whom I will not see during the Christmas season....I have a card holder and sometimes I tape them to the mantle or door facings.

2. When do kids become adults? When they no longer depend on their parents for their livelihood.....although, it is hard to think of them as adults even then...

3. Does your 'beauty regimen' change with the seasons? not really...

4. What's something you like to eat that might cause another person to turn up their nose? Chicken Liver....Sardines....Boiled Okra

5. Gloves or mittens? Gloves

6. What's the longest queue you've ever been in? Was it worth it? Queue=line but doesn't queue sound nicer? That would be the queue at Disney World rides, I suppose but since that was so many years ago, I'll say the queue at the Honey Baked Store....several years ago, we got a gift card for a ham from Honey Bear's employer and I ordered it here in Huntsville. Although I went to pick it up several days before Christmas, the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. They had set up plastic to protect the customers from the worst of the weather but it didn't help much. It was raining and the temperature was in the 30s that day.....No, it wasn't worth it. If I'd known ahead of time, I would have bought something else for my dinner and saved the card for a less busy time.

7. Besides Christmas, what is one thing you are looking forward to in the month of December? Our club Christmas party is always lots of fun but that might not be what you wanted....if its unrelated to Christmas, I have nothing.

8. Insert your own random thought here. It is still cloudy this morning but no rain...we're expecting a high in the upper 40s and the sun is supposed to shine.....we'll be back in the 60s by weeks end.....the Princess and I enjoyed our shopping yesterday....we went to Kohl's to buy a gift for her Mother (Daughter) which she paid for herself. Then we went to Publix for the food that was on sale. She is so much help....I cooked a dinner of peas, cornbread, spinach, mac & cheese, and salmon patties.

9 comments:

  1. Your foods would ALL make my list of things I'd never want to eat. I can't seem to get past the sliminess of okra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sardines and I don't send near as many cards as I did years ago. I had stopped for awhile, however since we moved I'm sending a few out this year. Always good to read your answers. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sending Christmas cards, too, though it seems the amount we receive dwindles every year. It would be sad if that custom went by the wayside.

    We had the same experience with ham, and though it was good, the one I usually get from our local grocery store is just as good and much less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to boil okra on beans and it's a toss up which I prefer, the beans or the okra...I love sending out Christmas Cards, too...one a cricut so I can make my own...and Hound loves Sardines better than anything she can think of!!!
    hugs to you
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to all of the lovelies being home for Christmas! The check out line at Michael's was ridiculous this morning. But at least I wasn't out in the freezing rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all the about the memories of Christmas for me. I don't think I have stood in a line for more than 40 mins. and that was at Spotlight, Our drapery store.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okra is one of my favorite vegetables! The crowds everywhere are my least favorite thing about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure about the liver :( I said a ride at Disneyland. Sounds like a yummy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a day late in visiting. Holiday decorating has me running behind.

    I have never been a fan of boiled okra. Can't deal with the slime.

    ReplyDelete