Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook


From Mama Bear's Journal....
For today...Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Outside my window...43 °F, (6 °C) I think this is what's called a blustery day...a little wet and very windy...
Hearing...Smokey having a mid-morning snack
I am thinking...Christmas is over and I need to get going on something different...
Feeling Thankful for...all that's been given me
Remembering...how full our house was Christmas Day and how everyone lingered to fellowship long after the meal
Creating this...that's just it, I'm not creating...but I need to finish December's SAL section
I am currently reading...Wings of the Morning....and trying to finish up the Cromwell book...
One year ago today...we had snow leftover from Christmas Day...it was very cold....reading South Broad by Pat Conway...
I am hoping...we stay healthy this winter...
On my mind...lunch
Noticing that...the joy of gifts is in the giving, not the receiving 
From the kitchen...leftovers
Around the house...things are mostly clean and tidy
I am praying for...safe travel for Daughter and the Princess.....my sisters....
A few plans for the week...my calendar is pretty clear
One of my favorite things...hugs from grandchildren
A picture thought to share...


6 comments:

  1. Saying a prayer for your families safety as they travel...how does Will like his new friend? Hope you liked the package....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Christmas and finally received my card. I didn't post it on the internet because I wanted all I sent to to see it first.

    Happy New Year very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved today's post! And I have to agree ... hugs from grandchildren is the BEST! Love the little photo of your male downy. Aren't they sweet little birds?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest is on his way home now - it's always a little sad and lonely right after he leaves. It's been nice to relax a bit today. We're having blustery weather,brio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it is not cold here the opposit warming up expected temps this week are high 30s... I love the bird on the feeder what are they called?

    ReplyDelete