Leaping into Hodge Podge Volume #68
Let's see what questions Joyce has for us today.1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?
Still recovering from the illness caused by the bloomin' pears......plus, I have my granddaughter who is home with a stomach virus...taking her to the doctor this afternoon....sounds like a fun day, doesn't it?
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?
Taking the money out of savings to pay off our mortgage.
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
A couple of weeks ago, we had a fire in our fire pit out on the back porch.
5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?
More than likely, I'd order another seafood selection from the menu...I like Lobster but it is quite expensive......When we lived in Pennsylvania, one of our favorite local restaurants had Lobster Pot on their menu. It was Longoustino. We thought it was wonderful.
6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose? My first thought was Lost but not the way it was at the end......Recently, I watched all the episodes of Brothers and Sisters on Netflix. I would have liked for it to keep going....
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?
My granddaughter says a Goldfish's memory only last 3 seconds....When it comes to remembering facts, I'm pretty good but then I might forget someone's name.....I make a lot of lists so that I don't forget items I want to take with me on a trip or ones I want to pick up at the store...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking at the weather forecast, I'd say March is coming in like a Lion. They're predicting thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight...it is windy out but not too bad....