Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Happy First Day of Spring, everyone!
From Mama Bear's Journal...
FOR TODAY...Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Outside my window...Pine tree pollen and Maple tree seeds litter the porch and the porch furniture...I can see the plants I carried out yesterday, the Poinsettia and the Coleus give a lot of color (so happy to have them all out of the kitchen)...discovered this morning that the Rabbit has become a pair. She has been living under the porch for a while now so I guess this is her mate. They love the Spring grass, just hope they stay out of the garden...Our Strawberries have small green berries already and we have to cover them pronto or the Birds will eat them all...It is 71 °F,(22 °C), and expected to reach 87 today with wind which will be blowing that pollen (looks like a dust storm) but maybe it will blow it all off the trees...we're supposed to have some rain Thursday which will help. 

I am thinking...I need to pay a visit to the nail salon for a pedi before I start wearing sandals...I have a gift card that was a gift from my friend, Rene, at Christmas, to  use.

I am thankful...for so-o much....our son's family is moving to Georgia this summer which feels much closer than west Texas....I have a play date with my Daughter tomorrow (I've lost track of how long its been since we had a day together...this is her last semester of school so hopefully we can go back to a day a week after she finishes)....Honey Bear has planted most of the garden and we have all those fresh veggies to look forward to...I'm thankful to have him here every afternoon....

In the kitchen...Easter decorations and clean countertops..I need to run the dishwasher....I'm planning to make a Pineapple Upside Down Cake....for dinner: Crowder Peas, Corned Beef Hash (with the leftovers from our St Patrick's Day meal), Corn Bread, and maybe some Spinach.....not sure about my lunch menu, maybe a frozen entree or some Tuna.

I am wearing...my pajamas, still, I need to wrap this up and get a shower.

I am creating...the patchwork that connects those blocks I showed you last week....crochet squares for "Hope" blankets....plans for other projects..

I am going...nowhere today

I am wondering...whether I should clean house or work in the studio today..

I am reading...State of Wonder....Book Club selection for May....I'm getting too far ahead on my list of books so I need to read something other than books for book club,  next.

I am hoping...to finish uploading this stack of CDs

I am looking forward to...the Princess coming after school...spending time with Daughter tomorrow

I am learning...ways to run an efficient home

Around the house...floors need attention, Master needs dusting (I only did half last week.....seasonal clothes need swapping between my closet and the one in the guest room......seeds and bulbs need to be planted...the porch needs to be cleaned....I'll try to forget all this while I work in the studio (more fun).

I am pondering...words from today's devotion at RBC Ministries about the "Long Awaited Reunion".

A favorite quote for today...
All creatures of our God and King,
Lift up your voice and with us sing, Alleluia! Alleluia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam, Thou silver moon
with softer gleam! O praise Him! —St. Francis of Assisi

One of my favorite things...going bare foot outside

A few plans for the rest of the week: The ones previously mentioned....A district meeting and lunch on Thursday in Hartselle......


From my Photo album....the view from Arrington Winery, Tennessee.


As usual, we would like to credit: Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook for the prompts in this post.

.






2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the sunshine, just have coffee in the garden then go back to the studio to create. That's my moto.
    I should be cleaning windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the new look of your blog, so cute.

    ReplyDelete