Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Quiz About Me



1. What is your favorite movie quote or song lyric of all time?
I'm not sure I have a favorite but these come to mind: That's a big 10-4........and Make My Day.....

2. If you had to choose a novel for a book club to read and discuss, which one would you pick? 
Green Darkness by Anya Seton I haven't read this one in years but have read it numerous times in the past.
From Amazon: This unforgettable story of undying love combines mysticism, suspense, mystery, and romance into a web of good and evil that stretches from 16th-century England to the present day. Richard Marsdon marries a young American woman named Celia, brings her to live at his English estate, and all seems to be going well. But now Richard has become withdrawn, and Celia is constantly haunted by a vague dread. When she suffers a breakdown and wavers between life and death, a wise doctor realizes that only by forcing Celia to relive her past can he enable her to escape her illness. Celia travels back 400 years in time to her past life as a beautiful but doomed servant. Through her eyes, we see the England of the Tudors, torn by religious strife, and experience all the pageantry, lustiness, and cruelty of the age. As in other historical romance titles by this author, the past comes alive in this flamboyant classic novel.
I don't know why time travel fascinates me so. This book would open up all sorts of avenues of discussion. And now I've inspired myself to read this book again.

3. When was the last time you danced?  What brought you to it? 
I'm not sure if you're wanting me to recall the last time I danced with a partner or just started dancing because the music inspired it which happens often for a few minutes. I love to dance and Honey Bear and I have taken numerous lessons. The last time we danced together was Christmas 2009

4. Do you typically remember your dreams?
Only for the first few minutes after waking...


And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!
Have you ever gone fishing?

Visit Heather for links to other Monday quiz answers.

4 comments:

  1. We love a lot of quotes from Princess Bride. One that we use often is "I don't think that word means what you think it means."

    I'd have trouble with the idea of past lives and the implication of reincarnation, but possibility of time travel, of seeing other places and situations through a 21st century lens, is fascinating.

    I haven;t fished in years and don't care for it, but my husband has started it back up and my son and daughter-in-law like to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone fishing in years, but my dad used to take me and my cousin all the time when we were younger. He wants to take my boys sometime this summer, which I think it wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. D H and I have been taking lessons for 12 years. We love it and we don't need an excuse to go out dancing. As far as fishing goes I haven't been since I was a little girl. I always sorry for the worms and minnows and I am allergic to fish

    ReplyDelete