Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook

From Mama Bear's Journal.....

FOR TODAY...Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Outside my window... 69 °F,   (21 °C), now that looks like it would be very pleasant, doesn't it? Humidity: 90%, so it is already hot and is going to be hotter, into the 90s today...its cloudy and we're still getting pop up showers.....Honey Bear is outside gathering vegetables, we've had a bumper crop of Zucchini and lots of cucumbers...the strawberries are starting to produce more than a hand full...
I am thinking...the Hummingbird feeder supply keeps diminishing but I haven't seen any Hummers....there were sightings last month, though.....Honey Bear just filled the thistle sock again.

I am thankful...as always this time of year for AC.....for fresh veggies (we ate our first tomato Sunday night)....for family and friends

In the kitchen...a well stocked pantry as I bought my staples on Friday....I need to get in there and tidy, clean the counters, do something with the vegetables and clean the floor....I've got a quilt to sandwich and the kitchen floor seems like the place to do it, but it'll need to be clean and the table moved out of the way....coffee is still hot and until I empty the pot, I'll most likely be doing computer work or reading.

I am wearing...a pink tank and pajama bottoms

I am creating...
finished these two blocks for the "My Favorite Things" quilt






I am going...nowhere until tomorrow morning

I am wondering...if I should finish the borders on Grandma Robinson's quilt top before I quilt it.....what do you think? Should I add new material to a top which has been stored for 50 years or just quilt it as is?

I am reading..."The Hollow" I finally finished Cutting for Stone....It was a very long book which could have been 3 books since it covered several generations...

I am hoping...that once these rainy days are over, we'll go back to the low humidity of last week.....I really don't like being hot...

I am looking forward to...a couple of road trips next month

I am learning...about personality tests......I took one and found out I'm classified as type 2

Around the house...I'm behind on my cleaning again

I am pondering...the dances we do in order to live in harmony with each other....

A favorite quote for today..
"No bird soars too high if
he soars with his own
wings." ) William Blake

One of my favorite things...listening to bird song and identifying the bird

A few plans for the rest of the week: Dental cleaning tomorrow, then time to spend with the Princess.....club meeting on Thursday night.....productive time spent in the studio.....




From my picture file.....
The prompts for our daybooks are created and provided by Peggy at The Simple Woman. Each Month, she creates a linky page for us to use which gives the link for participants...If you're interested in joining us, pay a visit here.

2 comments:

  1. Summer and the vegie garden makes for healthy happy cooking. We have Cauliflowers and Broccoli and Rhubarb along with Chinese Vegetables in the winter.

    ReplyDelete