Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook

From Mama Bear's Journal....
FOR TODAY...Thursday, July 12, 2012, 6:12am

Outside my window...still a little dark, raining steadily and  70°F,  21°C 

I am thinking...It would have been a good day to stay in bed...

I am thankful...for the rain, we needed it so badly.....for the cooler temperatures....for a cozy home

In the kitchen...drying dishes to put away....fresh coffee....ingredients to prepare apple dumplings for a meeting this morning

I am wearing...pink pajamas and a blue robe

I am creating...
  



I am going...to a meeting and luncheon today

I am wondering...what to wear, I don't like to wear sandals when it's wet outside, more chances to fall so the outfit I planned to wear won't work

I am reading...If You Could See Me Now

I am hoping...to finish this quickly as I need to tidy the house and bake the dumplings before I get dressed to go out...

I am looking forward to...being with friends today

Around the house...things mostly need to be tidied...

One of my favorite things...watching it rain when its been so long without any

A few plans for the rest of the week: putting the binding on the quilt on the sewing machine....finishing up some other projects.


From the garden....Okra and Tomatoes now....everything else has suffered from the drought....


From my picture album..... 





I'm joining other day booking bloggers here.

7 comments:

  1. wonderful to see some SKofW progress....glad you got some rain........it is always precious to me..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting rain too, not soon enough to save the garden but enjoyed what we did get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternon to you!

    Rain for you, that is great
    I sent it over yesterday so am hoping you will keep it a while.

    Your day sounds nice
    and the dumplings sound delish!

    Love the photo you posted of the butterfly.

    Wish I was creative -your work looks beautiful.

    Have a lovely lunch and hope you didn't go in your pjs!


    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your projects is inspiring me. :-)

    We've been glad for rain, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were glad to see some rain and cooler temps, too. Hope your day with friends was a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful day with friends.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you are creating some great projects and your picture is beautiful! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete