Monday, October 22, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook



From Mama Bear's Journal.....FOR TODAY...Monday, October 22, 2012, 7:45am

Outside my window...It's 56°F, 13°C, and cloudy, expected to reach 81 today....all this week is going to feel like Summer has returned...

I am thinking... about how long it has been since I wrote in my journal...

I am thankful...for the wonderful worship service yesterday....for a good night's sleep....for my wonderful Honey Bear

From the kitchen...Peas, Cornbread, Corned Beef Hash, and slaw for dinner tonight

I am wearing...pajamas and a robe

I am creating...a Christmas wall hanging.....quilting SKOW....working on the cross stitch project...

I am going...to spend the day on housework and hopefully get some sewing done this afternoon, also packing for the conference which is Tues-Thurs this week...

One year ago today....I was at Lake Eufaula State Park, attending our annual conference....the temperature was much the same....I was reading Love Transcends Time

I am wondering...if we will find any Fall color on our vacation next week...it seems to be earlier this year and since we're going further north, I'm afraid the leaves will all be on the ground

These days I'm reading...A Tennessee Journal.....takes place in 1913 and tells the story of sharecroppers and landowners...

I am praying...for sunny, Fall like days for our vacation....not too cold and not rainy.....we'd like to take some drives and maybe do a little walking...*for our upcoming election, *for my struggle with weight, *for my children & grandchildren, *for my Honey Bear

I remember when...I was about 8 years old and we lived in the "barn" house...we had chickens in the barn yard (not the barn house yard-there was actually another barn)...I used to go out to the barn and look for eggs...those chickens were cagey and would lay their eggs in the oddest places...it was like a real "Easter" egg hunt every day.....Now, Honey Bear is building a chicken tractor and planning to purchase chickens in the Spring...

I am looking forward to...the conference, although I've been stressing about certain aspects and losing sleep over it....this year our County is hosting and my club has many assignments to make the conference run smoothly...My Daughter was supposed to check in our County's Cultural Arts (first place winners) but she is going to be a hostess, meeting members from all over the state and helping them to find the right location, park their cars, etc. So checking in the crafts is going to be my job.....I am supposed to sale tickets for our fund raiser quilt drawing at the registration table after I get the crafts checked in....

A verse for today..."It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and possess much." Psalm 37:16

Discovering that....it is hard to become motivated on days when the sun is hiding...

I am hearing...Honey Bear's car as he leaves for work and the garage door closing....

Around the house...vacuuming.....bed linens to change.....tidying to do....

Song that stays on my Mind..."Days of Elijah" from Church yesterday....."Behold he comes, riding on the clouds, shining like the sun, at the trumpets' call"

A favorite quote for today...A smile is the light in your window, that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside...Denis Waitley

One of my favorite things...Quiet Monday mornings at home..

A few plans for the rest of the week:conference Tues-Thurs.....hair appointment Thursday afternoon....grocery shopping and bank on Friday....prepare for vacation


From my photo file....Wonder Boy and the Princess at Disney World early in October


r

11 comments:

  1. Love the song. It is one of my favorites. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our high today is 56F, we won't be seeing anything like the 80's you're still having until next summer now! lol At least it's been sunny the last few days so I don't mind the cold then.

    In my area, we have no leaves left on the trees, they're all bare now. We're way earlier than you, though, where the changing colours is concerned. Our peak Autumn colours was back at the end of Sept!

    You certainly will be very busy with the conference but I have no doubt everything will turn out perfectly:-)

    Love the pictures of the Wonder Boy and Princess...ah, to be able to visit Disney World is something I would LOVE to do!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do hope your conference goes well! Will keep you in my thoughts at that time! Lovely pictures of your Princess and Wonder Boy! I do so enjoy your Monday journal - I can picture in my mind what you're up to and hear the sounds! As I type this I hear my husband on the phone to a friend, and our little dog's feet tip tapping on the wooden floors! Getting ready to bed, it's 8.56 pm here now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a good vacation trip--and see some fall foliage!

    Fun egg hunting memories! I also hope you enjoy your future chickens as much as I enjoy "my girls". 300 eggs and counting...

    Enjoyed the photos of Princess and Wonder Boy. It's always good to put a face with a name :)

    I, too, and praying about the election...May God be with our country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Hope you have a good vacation trip! I enjoyed reading your daybook.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quote. I am going to remember this. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos

    I just popped in to say hello.

    I hope all is well.

    Have a good Halloween

    x Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a *great* daybook! I hope your event went well this week. And as much as it was Indian Summer through the week, winter definitely arrived overnight Friday!!

    I adore the "Days of Elijah" song -- it was always one of my favorites to sing in choir!!

    Have a marvelous weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm back with a Halloween poem for you:-)

    This is Halloween

    Goblins on the doorstep,
    Phantoms in the air,
    Owls on witches' gate posts,
    Giving stare for stare.

    Cats on flying broomsticks,
    Bats against the moon,
    Stirring round of fate-cakes,
    With a solemn spoon.

    Whirling apple parings,
    Figures draped in sheets,
    Dodging, disappearing,
    Up and down the streets.

    Jack-o'-lanterns grinning,
    Shadows on a screen,
    Shrieks and starts and laughter--
    This is Halloween!

    Happy Halloween and make sure you come by my blog today for my Halloween Bash and see what costume I dressed you up in! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete