Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook



From Mama Bear's Journal
FOR TODAY: Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Outside my window...It is 65°F,18°C and sunny...Expected to reach 83 this afternoon...after a few days of extreme Summer like heat and humidity, we reverted back to Winter and finally to Spring...It has been quite pleasant out these last few days, everything is green and growing like crazy.....I"m cooking our first picking of Spinach today from the garden, the tomatoes are up and doing quite nice if we can keep the Cut Worm from chopping off anymore, potatoes are up as are beets and some new type of Spinach which is a vine, also there will be Strawberries soon.

I am thinking...its been too long since I've posted or visited my blog friends....but I really need to be doing my 20 minutes on the treadmill...

I am thankful...that I managed to lower my cholesterol and will not have to take medication

From the kitchen...Pinto Beans are soaking before cooking and Spinach is washed and ready to cook, there is leftover cornbread and casserole in the fridge

I am wearing...pink pajamas and robe

I am creating...the finishing stitches on my cross stitch project....scrapbook pages

I am going...to the Princess' concert tonight

One year ago today...it was 61 degree, cloudy and wet after a rain shower....I was attempting to clean house without help.....the Princess was coming after school and was going to make dessert....reading Homecoming by Kathy Kelly......planning a workshop to make pillowcase dresses....there were radishes and strawberries from the garden....

I am wondering...what's up with Smokey this morning: he usually meets me when I get up and wants to sit in my lap and be loved on but this morning he was already asleep in the chair in the guest room and there he remains...

These days I'm reading...Alice I have Been by Melanie Benjamin and also Fall of Giants by Ken Follet

I am praying...for motivation to work on my crafts.....family....friends....

I remember when...time didn't pass quite so fast

I am looking forward to...getting on the treadmill so that I can shower and dress for the day

A verse for today..."I will look up to the mountains ...does my help come from there?  My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth".  Psalm 121: 1&2

Discovering that....the pine tree pollen count is low after so many days of very high...perhaps I will not have anymore problems with my asthma this Spring

I am hearing...a motor somewhere in the distance....birdsong...........silence

Around the house...beds to make and floors to vacuum

Song that stays on my Mind...for once, there isn't one

A favorite quote for today..."The earth laughs in flowers." ~ E.E. Cummings

One of my favorite things...walking barefoot through the grass

A few plans for the rest of the week:

From my photo file....


the chickens finally graduated to there pen outdoors

6 comments:

  1. Loved reading about your day. I too love walking bare foot. And your chickens are so cute. Have a blessed day.
    Bethe77

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope winter leaves us very soon. We are getting snow again after some lovely spring like days.

    Your day sounds absolutely lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chicken misses the sunrise. Creating a nice day from a nice day post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to hear from you again! I've missed your posts.
    Your chickens are beautiful--and big already! You'll be eating fresh eggs before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are posting too! Love those chickens!!!!

    ReplyDelete