Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 8:00am

Outside my window...the sun is shinning and there is no rain in the forecast....Squirrels are scampering in the clover and birds are having breakfast on the feeder

From the Garden...we harvested half our Beets on Friday and Saturday morning we made beet pickles, canned 6 pints.....we'll do this again with the second half......potatoes are about ready to harvest, I plan to put some of those in vegetable soup which I will can......Strawberries were great this year but they are all gone, now.

I am thinking...I need to get back to blogging...I've missed it....first I was sick for two weeks....then my sister visited for a week....I've been busy with projects and reading but mostly, I just wasn't in the mood

I am thankful...for sunshine and the wonderful Spring weather we've had...today is going to be our first really hot day with temperatures and heat index in the 90s........

From the kitchen...toasted raisin bread for breakfast....I need to make a pan of cornbread for Honey Bear....I'm thinking we'll have chicken fingers for dinner but I'm not sure yet

I am wearing...polka dot pjs and a white tank

I am creating...I've just completed 31 10" crocheted squares for the Hope Blanket project, my cross stitch is framed....there are several projects started and others still in my head, I need to get back to my studio and work on some of them......Honey Bear is framing me a peg board to go on the wall above my cutting table....it will hold my rulers, cutters and other supplies to clear up more table space

I am going...to stay home until later in the week

One year ago today...it was hot, we'd just gotten our first ripe tomato from the garden...we also had plenty of Zucchini and Cucumbers.....I was reading The Hollow.....working on SKOW quilt....planning road trips for the summer

I am wondering...if I've lost any followers while I've been MIA

These days I'm reading...Just started The Deepest Waters

I am praying...for my son who is deployed and his family in Georgia....for Genece and Cathy who both recently had surgery....for Jill, grieving her father's death....for Denise's Dad....for my friend, Rene, whose father's health has deteriorated since he's been in a nursing facility and is becoming more disoriented....for my followers

I remember when...my children were young and in the summer it seemed they couldn't decide whether to be outside or inside and the door was constantly opening and closing

I am looking forward to...Girls Camping Trip in July...possible trip to Georgia to see my other grands

A verse for today...Psalm 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

I am hearing...all is quiet except for the whir of the overhead fan

Around the house...Honey Bear has left for work....Smokey is asleep here beside me....the carpet sure needs cleaning....bed needs making....I need to walk on the treadmill....

Song that stays on my Mind...We Will Remember

A favorite quote for today...Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.
Hosea Ballou 

One of my favorite things...Air Conditioning!

A few plans for the rest of the week:Club meeting Thursday night

From my photo file....


The prompts for our daybooks are created and provided by Peggy at The Simple Woman. Each Month, she creates a linky page for us to use which gives the link for participants...If you're interested in joining us, pay a visit here

10 comments:

  1. It's great to see you posting again. I was just over here yesterday, and I noticed you hadn't posted in a while. I'm not able to post as much lately either--our garden is keeping me on my toes. I see you've begun harvesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a tiny garden but have already gotten several tomatoes and yesterday our first squash. I wish we could have a larger garden but neither of us is good at it, hubby doesn't like it and only does it to satisfy me, and I'm allergic to the mold in the dirt so working it makes me sick! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am think I have missed blogging too Mama Bear ... it's good to be back. Sending you love from a rather chilly South Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I beg your pardon - THINKING - too quick with my fingers. It must be excitment to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden sounds awesome. You didn't lose me!!! Yes air conditioning is very nice. Enjoy your week. Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. While you've been away...by the way, it's great to see you stop by and visit again....the "Followers" is going to be discontinued the first part of July I believe. Not sure on the exact date.

    Anyway, enjoyed your post. We've been having home grown tomatoes for about a month now. And the 'maters are now getting smaller and smaller as the heat bears down on 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back. I have been wondering where you were.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you sound very industrious.

    on another note I wonder how this will work if the followers are disc,? How will we find everyone?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete