Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Hodge Podge



1. What do you think makes a good dad?
Patience, ability to listen, loving, caring attitude. I tried to think of what qualities my own Dad and the Princess's Dad had that made them good Dad's. I just said to her last week that she had a good Daddy when we went shopping and she was telling me about him taking her to buy jeans. He went to the men's department and told her to come and get him when she found the ones she wanted. She is a very frugal shopper for a 12 year old girl. He has always spent time with the children, quality time. He isn't necessarily good at discipline, though. That is important, too.

2.  What's something you learned from your own father?
He loved me unconditionally. He wasn't embarrassed to shed tears, loved the Lord, read his Bible and prayed. He always let me know how proud he was of me. He was gentle and loving and I miss him every day.

3. It's your birthday-what kind of cake will we be having?
Chocolate Cheesecake Tort made in Publix Bakery or a plain pound cake

4. When you're faced with a big decision are you more of a go with your gut type of person, or are you someone who reasons it all out, weighing the pros and cons? 
I would certainly do my research but in the end, I tend to go with the leading of my Heavenly Father...and if it doesn't feel right, don't do it.

5. June is National Dairy Month. What's your favorite dairy item? Most often purchased dairy item? 
Cheese........I love it but have to limit it because of digestive issues 
6. Explorer Jacques Cousteau was born on June 11, 1910....what's something you've recently discovered or something you'd like to explore?
I'd like to do more traveling to historic places

7. Are you typical of your generation?
I don't think so....I was raised in a very conservative, somewhat restricted home and a rural setting where fads and trends were slow in showing up. Although, I married in the sixties, I wouldn't say I was typical of a teen of that era. I married at an early age, did little dating, went to few parties, and associated with folks like me. I later learned there was some experimenting with 'pot' in my school at that time, but I was unaware of it.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Our air conditioning went out yesterday and it was miserable here last night and this morning.....the service man arrived about 15 minutes prior to 2:00 and was her one hour. The AC is up and running, it will take a while for it to catch up with the heat but it feels wonderful. I am very thankful. And we didn't have to have a new unit, just a part and some coolant. 

Visit Joyce to participate and check out other Hodge Podgers.

6 comments:

  1. I have both an AC unit and an evaporative cooler which I had been using since it was to hot and dry, and wouldn't you know the pump went out so now I am forced to use the AC and watch that little electrical wheel in the meter spin so fast that I get dizzy. Hopefully the repair man will get here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! I'm so glad you got your A/C fixed. It's hard to believe we actually used to live without it, and I'd hate to have to do it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your AC is fixed. It would be very hard to go without it these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Florida with Publix so I should check out that cheesecake! Glad your air is back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read that your air conditioning is fixed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete