Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hodge Podge #158


1.  Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?
Only when pushed too far.

2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter? 
Sweaters........Soups  Sorry, hard to come up with more and I live in the South. Snow, which is rare here is wonderful to see falling.

3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried? 
I like Kiwi. The others, can't say I've actually eaten, and don't want to try them.

4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
Strange for a church to post that when we should be doing what is right all the time.

5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland.  Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer. 
I would visit any of them but not in Winter

6.  What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
Someone else's blog. Besides that: I looked at current movies this morning.

7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
I have nothing for this one.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
I found a little January motivation on Friday.....I cleaned blinds, windows and curtains in the kitchen and living room. There are much more areas that need attentions but they'll wait another day. I am amazed at the dust and dust webs in my home. Is there more dust than there used to be or do I just notice it more?

3 comments:

  1. I have some Kiwi in my frig. Yes doing the right thing first is the only way! Way to go on the cleaning, that is the direction I seem to be moving in.....early Spring cleaning for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like soups and oven dishes for winter time...and Christmas...not much else. :-) I do like that hard freezes kill off some of the bugs.

    #4 is a little odd - if one were doing the right thing in the first place, less would fail. Or maybe it means even when things fail, as they do in a fallen world despite our best efforts, do the right thing in response or do the right thing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kiwi, the others I have never even tried. Much too expensive up here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete