Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Rainy Day

It was cloudy when we left home at 8:15 to go to Sunday School and Worship this morning. Honey Bear said the prediction was that it would be after noon when the rain got here so I didn't take an umbrella in with me. Not wise! It was raining when we came out after the service and we were parked on the other side of the chapel where the contemporary services are held. Nothing to do but get wet. 
All in all, it is a day of rest and rain makes one want to do just that. So here I sit in my recliner with my "laptop" on the arm of the chair since Smokey Bear has to have my lap for his nap. I thought I would visit with some of you and maybe work on my epuzzle while nibbling on dried fruit and nuts.
Here is my January project for the SAL. It was this little Christmas stitchery by Anni Downs and we were to make it into whatever we desired. I made this little book bag with some fat quarters from my stash.

5 comments:

  1. The book bag is very cute and Christmasy! It has been rainy here, too - I'm just thankful the temperatures aren't low enough for it to turn into ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can count on rain if you don't take your umbrella? love the book bag you made...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some rain yesterday, but not until the evening. I've been reading back on your posts, catching up on what I've missed. It's so good to see you posting again :)

    I love that your husband has been doing some work on your kitchen! We're 'do it yourself' people. Ed hates hiring anything done. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new additions.

    We're into week 3 of retirement. So far, so good. There's a bit of adjusting going on, but nothing we can't handle :)

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your SAL stitchery looks great in the bag................

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your book bag!!! So cute.

    Rain makes me want to nap.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete