Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
2:54 PM
Outside my window...
petals from the Bradford Pear Trees
continue to fall like snow...
It is 74 degrees and a little windy,
a thunderstorm is in the forecast....
From the garden....
 The Lillies
Hosta peeking out of the ground

I am thinking...
I'm too sleepy to read
haven't been going to sleep early enough
and then getting up early so
I have a sleep deficit
I am thankful...
Daughter and I spent the morning together
we had our mammograms and then
pedicures before lunch
In the kitchen...
I baked some sweet potatoes and made slaw
there are deli chicken fingers and
leftover chicken salad Brunch ring in the fridge
I am wearing...
black yoga pants and a red thermal top
changed out of my capris when I got home
I am creating...

More blocks for SAL Nature's Journey quilt 
the finished size of this block is 3.5 x 3.5 and these
are bees...
and journal pages
I am going...
to watch a movie this afternoon
Yesterday I watched Catching Fire 
and Mocking jay
I am wondering...
what I'll wear on Easter Sunday
I looked for something yesterday
while out shopping but I'm not liking
the new styles so much
I am reading...
same as last week: The Rose Conspiracy
and the Southern Living
bonus Gardening magazine
I am hoping...
to clean off the front porch and maybe
purchase a pot of tulips to go
on it
I am looking forward to...
 WMU Birthday celebration on the 18th...
hosting Book Club this month
Around the house...
laundry to take out of the dryer and fold...
next on my list of Spring cleaning is
cleaning the carpet
A favorite quote for today...
To get the full measure of joy
You must have someone to divide it with
...Mark Twain
One of my favorite things...
going barefoot in the grass
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Hair appointment Wednesday morning
lunch with my friend Rene
From my picture file...
taken inside a ceremonial Ocmulgee earth mound 
Macon, Georgia


4 comments:

  1. We've watched Hunger Games but not the other two yet.

    I am undecided about an Easter dress - I really don't have time to shop this week, so may just wear a dress from previous years.

    We're supposed to have some rain later this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to rent Mocking Jay, but have to do it when the youngest is home (we never made it to the theater when it was out - for our mother/son date). I am still trying to figure out what to wear on Easter too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the Hunger Games trilogy but only watched one of the movies. Perhaps one day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WMU ... you must be Southern Baptist! So am I! Been one all of my life although since moving to our new house (and town) nearly 2 years ago, SBC work is weak and hard to find. We regularly attend and participate in an independent Bible church now but our membership is in a Southern Baptist Church in the Denver area. We could drive a long way to that church, but we want to be in a local fellowship so we can invite our neighbors to attend and with a shorter distance, they are more likely to take us up on the offer. At least 3 have responded so far!

    ReplyDelete