Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... 
Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 9:04 AM
Outside my window...
The apple trees are blooming, the grass is green,
the Robins are searching for worms...
Its cloudy and 65 degrees...storms are predicted
this afternoon...its going to be a rainy week.
A Bible verse I'm sharing...
For the LORD God is a sun and shield. The LORD gives grace and glory; He does not withhold the good from those who live with integrity.
Psalm 84:11 Holman Christian Standard
I am thinking...
about my to-do list and what to tackle next...
about why my post I post dated for Sunday didn't print...
I am thankful...
I can stay home today until time to
pick up the Princess after school...
I am wearing...
pink and white pajamas and robe
I am creating...
Journal entries....
agendas for my WMU meeting
food trackers
print outs of embroidery patterns
blocks for Nature's Journey
I am going...
to wait about shampooing the carpet
I am wondering...
what my Daughter accomplished yesterday
I am reading...
Heartland by Davis Bunn
I've read books by this author in the past,
written as T Davis Bunn, he is a christian writer
I downloaded this book free to my Kindle  from
my local library...it is a loan for 2 weeks
I am hoping...
my plans for the week do not go awry...
In my garden...
it is a little early still to plant flowers...
I cleaned off the porch on Saturday and
Honey Bear bleached the concrete...
I was hoping to get a pot of Tulips to 
set out there..Kroger's were past blooming
I'll look at Lowe's on Thursday...
I have to plan for my planters and get those
purchased before it is too late...our Garden's 
plant sale is next weekend...
The Spinach needs gathering again...
A song that stays on my mind...
My Redeemer Lives


In my kitchen...
not many leftovers in the fridge, maybe 
Honey Bear will finish them up at lunch...
then I'll have to think about dinner....
maybe Chicken Sandwiches...
A favorite quote for today...
"When I hear someone sigh, "Life is hard,"
I am always tempted to ask, "Compared
to what?"   ....S. Harris
From my photo album...

One of my favorite things...
Looking back through one of 
my journals....yesterday the dentist
asked me when I had my implants done...
I thought it was around 2006 but decided
to check back in my journals for 
more accuracy...time passes so swiftly, 
sometimes it is hard to remember events exactly
anyway, that got me into 2006 and I kept reading
Smokey was a rescue from the animal
shelter and we got him in January of
that year so I was reading about his
first months afterward...once I got 
started I couldn't stop reading...reminiscing
A few plans for the rest of the week.....
Choir practice Thursday morning...
RMH meeting Thursday night
 (I'm carrying Twinkies Trifle)
Friday: I'm hosting Book Club
(making Ham/Spinach Quiche and 
Blueberry muffins for this to serve with fruit)
WMU meeting Monday
Please link back to The Simple Woman for other day books!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you are going to have a busy end to your week. I do wish we could think about planting, we got more snow this morning.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I enjoyed reading your day book post. I didn't realize that Smokey was a rescue!
    We just finished planting our garden--all 16 rows of it! (except for my row of zinnias and Ed's peanuts). Fun times, now our backs are sore.
    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)
    I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! That is one thing on my yet to do list...shampoo the carpets. Thank you for taking part in the daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read a number of Davis Bunn's books, but hadn't heard of that one.

    Love that verse from Psalm 84.

    Where we used to live there were a lot of those bronze-ish statues of life-sized people doing various everyday things. Loved those.

    ReplyDelete