Friday, August 14, 2015

A Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... Friday, August 14, 2015, 10:20 am

Outside my window...Its 79 and feels like 81 with a forecast of 88, if the humidity stays low we might have a pleasant day....I was just noticing this morning that the geraniums are such a vibrant red, as is the Salvia...and then I have some white daisies and yellow marigolds combined with the two colors of Sweet Potato Vine, it presents a beautiful picture...Finally the Hummingbirds have started feeding at the feeder..

A Bible verse I'm sharing...And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

I am thinking...I'm done for the day.....I've been going nonstop since 9:00 this morning and its now 1:00 pm

I am thankful...for my Honey Bear, he began tearing out the shower (fiberglass) Wednesday so we can do a tile shower in the master bath...saving us lots of money by doing it himself...
I am wearing...white knit pants with a red top
I am creating...40 little 2 inch paper pieced squares.(sorry no photo)I've done 20 of them already
I am going...sit right here for at least the next 2 hours...
I am wondering...if we got most of the fiberglass dust up this morning....it was in the bedroom as well as the bath...I washed walls, furniture and bedding...dry cleaned some of the linen and bears in the dryer...
I am reading...The Rift, it has a lot of pages
I am hoping...that we begin to see cooler weather...summer has been so long...
In his garden...Okra is trickling in and the field peas will soon be ready...still getting Tomatoes
A song that stays on my mind...1000 Reasons....Bless the Lord, Oh my soul
In my kitchen...fried Okra, slaw, cornbread and Chicken Liver
A favorite quote for today..."A Bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise" Pooh
From my photo album...


One of my favorite things...fresh, clean bed linen..

Please link back to The Simple Woman for other day books.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Pooh quote. Prudence will be coming home next Sunday and I know she will want to hear everything that you are doing this summer.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past week has seen my corner of the province hitting record highs in temperatures. Our poor air conditioning just can not keep up. I am so looking forward to cooler fall weather.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to cooler temperatures, too. That's a lot of 2" squares!

    ReplyDelete