Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Have Yourself a Merry Little Hodge Podge

 Hodge Podge is a little late today....
I did another post this morning for an
Ornament Exchange.....
I'm linking up over at 

1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem?
Using my time well.......I think of all the things I want to do (usually at night when I should be sleeping) but lack motivation to do them in the light of day......sometimes, I wish I could just chuck almost everything in the house and start over.

2.  Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse...done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?
 It is the magazine's choice and not necessarily the world's and I'm not sure what their criteria was....I don't have a pick.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces.
I have an old one which was given to me as a gift in the 70s...the figurines are soft plastic and so the children could touch them. It has a wooden stable. Though cheap, I still like it. I bought a large one at Lifeway in 2006 and put it out for a few  years but I was always afraid someone would bump the table it sat on and break it so I gave it away. On my wish list is the Nativity by Willow Tree that is one piece, fingers crossed. I also have a few small ones.

4.  Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?
Yes we do.....

5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?
Daughter because her tastes are similar to mine.

6. What's the last delicious thing you ate?
I had some Pumpkin Bars at a gathering on Saturday night...I loved them. She said they were from a mix she bought at Aldi

7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is________________.
Lend a helping hand, visit shut ins with a plate of goodies, help out at the Nursing Home, sing carols.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Suddenly its a week till Christmas, are you ready? I have one little homemade gift to wrap...I have 3 types of sweets to bake plus the chex mix and I need to count the gifts for Wonder Boy and the Princess and make sure I have an even amount.

5 comments:

  1. I love Willow Tree. Several years ago I completed the Nativity. We had a Hallmark Gold Crown store close by and I was able to get several of the large pieces on sale and with my gold crown points. I walked in one day in July and there on the 60% off shelves I found the Cache, no box but I don't care. When I got to the register I think I paid $10 for it. It has 3 sides and a base. I display it in the entry way using greens and tiny white lights. Keep an eye after Christmas, you never know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to #7. I need to sit down today to assess everything but we're making good progress on getting ready. This month sure has gone fast, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting there. We're going to be at a wedding all weekend, so I planned better and I'm further along than I normally am in December. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all of my nativities, my parent's one being treasured, I love my Willow Tree very much. Hope you get yours! I'm almost ready. A few errands today, last minute groceries next Wednesday and then baking all day on Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas, blessings to you and yours.....

    ReplyDelete