Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge


1. Has spring sprung in your little corner of the world? Other than the calendar how would I know? What's your favorite thing about spring?
Yes, all of the trees are blooming and the grass is growing...Temperatures have been pleasant in the day time....
the temperature outside is just right.

2. Besides the weather, what's put a spring in your step recently?
getting out walking

3. How does Easter impact you?
I'm thankful for the cross and that Jesus Christ died to set me free...

4. I saw this somewhere on Facebook and thought it would make a fun Hodgepodge question. Which of the following would you find most disappointing...

a just stuffed taco shell breaking open and spilling out before you take the first bite? dropping a just-purchased Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts coffee? opening the peanut butter jar and finding it empty? upending onto the sidewalk a just-purchased ice cream cone? a burnt bagel popping up in your toaster when you're rushing breakfast? or cutting into an avocado and finding out it's rotten? 
a just stuffed taco shell breaking open and spilling...

5. What's something held together with tape at your house? Or a paper clip? Or a wing and a prayer?
Honey Bear recently glued a broken stepping stone together if that counts...

6. Do you feel under-appreciated? In what way?
No

7. What's something you'd build if you knew how?
a swing

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Made a visit to Tuesday Morning earlier today for some retail therapy....sometimes you just have to get out of the house...Now, cornbread is in the oven, corned beef hash is cooking along with some beans. All set for Honey Bear's lunch when he gets in from work.
I've managed to stick to my calorie goal and have walked  two days this week. Already I am feeling better.
Hop on over to "From this side of the Pond" to play along with Joyce 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a productive morning with the shopping and then the cooking. I'm getting more walking done but not sure I'm doing very well with the calories. It's still not very warm here in the UK so hoping for some warmer weather to get me out for longer. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on walking and yes I agree with you, sometimes you just have to get out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees are starting to bloom here, too - so pretty. Re the broken taco shell - that's why I use soft tacos, lol. But they can tear, too. I think my disappointment along those lines would pertain to the last of something - if it's the last of the ice cream and I spill it, etc. I haven't been to Tuesday Morning in a while - there's not one close by, but JoAnn's, Michael's, and Tuesday Morning are all close together, so if I go to one I try to hit the others. Good for you for walking. My husband and I joined a fitness center in Jan., and I do feel better and more energetic when I go regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back to power walking regularly too. So much nicer with this springtime weather! Happy Easter to you and your family : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a little 'retail therapy', too. It does wonders for my attitude :)
    I need to get back to walking again, too. It does make a world of difference in how you feel.
    Have a blessed and happy Easter.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you are getting out and walking. With the weather so nice, I should be doing the same.

    ReplyDelete