Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Outdoor Wednesday


This is a photo from several years ago....
When we moved here in 2008-09,
we were thrilled with the number and 
variety of birds..I had never seen
a Red-Headed Woodpecker.
They would visit our feeder for a
few months starting in May during
their breeding season and even brought
their offspring as seen here
without the red head....
then in 2011, we were hit with 
tornadoes in our area on April
27th...many of the taller
trees on the street behind us were
lost....we didn't see the bird that
year or any year since....
Then a couple of weeks ago, I spotted
an adult at our feeder and was so 
excited....I count this a blessing
from God..they come to the
feeder early in the morning and
in the evening every day, sometimes
at mid-day, also...I'm hoping
they will soon bring a baby...

8 comments:

  1. Glad that your visitors are returning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It's always good to reconnect with old friends.
    I wish I could send our red headed woodpeckers your way. They wreak havoc on our pecan trees, by filling them with holes. If it weren't for that, I'd love them, too.
    I hope you and your family are doing well! It's good that you got your rain in stages, rather than all at once. So far, we have been able to harvest a few tomatoes off the dying/dead bushes. Some is always better than none :)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my different birds in the garden......so pleased they are back....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad they are returning. I love to watch them, too. Our bird population went down when we had to cut down a row of dead trees along the back of our property, but this year many of them seem to have found their way back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy....jealous I am. If you'd like, on Saturday, the bird photo meme begins a new linking tool at NOON [Texas Time Zone]....consider sharing it with all the other birders. The link is on my Hootin' Anni's Side Bar. But for now, it's the old linking tool. Wait 'til Saturday at NOON [if you want]

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason this past spring the red headed woodpeckers came back here early.

    We used to get lots of hummingbirds and for the past 3 years we haven't seen any.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unable to make out the verification issues in Binance

    Do you know the steps to deal with troubles that occur during executing the Binance verification process? Binance verification process might take a few days for completion and acceptance. Therefore, one should fill in all requirements correctly to avoid any delays. If you don’t know how to handle all these troubles and you need guidance, you can always take help from the team of elite professionals who are always there to guide you. You can always call on Binance contact number which is functional all the time for assistance.

    ReplyDelete