2. Red flag or white flag? Which have you encountered most recently? Explain. Don't they put up red flags at the beach when its a bad time to go in the water? White flag of surrender? Yes, because I have to realize my limitations in some areas as I get older.
3. Are you a stay in the car listen to the end of a song kind of person? What kind of person is that? Yes. I grew up with music. Mother played the radio throughout my childhood and I learned the words to popular songs and hymns. I have done the same so music was the background of my children's lives. I love to sing and I don't understand people who don't. We have always sung along to the radio or CDs.
4. What are some of the traits or qualities you think a good dad possesses? In other words, what makes a good dad? Patience, a good listener, someone who actually enjoys spending time with children.What's an expression you associate with your father? My Daddy was gentle and loving and very protective of his girls.
5. What's one rule you always disagreed with while growing up? Is that rule somehow still part of your adult life? Is that a good or bad thing? There was no cursing in my house and it is hard for me to be around someone who does or to have to listen to it on TV or the movies. It isn't something I ever disagreed with....My Daddy worked nights a lot when he wasn't off driving an 18 wheeler. He never wanted me to be involved in sporting activities or band since he couldn't be there for it. That was a disappointment.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Its been over a week since I posted. I have continued to go through some of our things and didn't really have time to post. Last week I had three meetings where I had to take minutes so my computer time was taken up with that. I finally got my " Trip around the world" quilt out and have begun to quilt it. Also, I joined up with the Australia group again to do a quilt and we have certain blocks to do each month. I have gotten June's block prepped but haven't actually started on it. It has applique and embroidery plus patchwork. That is what I've been up to since I posted last.
Please visit Joyce for more Hodge Podge.